How to Protect Your Website from Google Penguin and Unnatural Links Warnings Attacks
Google latest Algorithm Update On August, Some are citing huge drops and painful for many hundreds of thousands of site owners following the Google Penguin Update or received a notification of unnatural SEO practices or links in your Google Webmaster Tools account.
Safe your website by future Penguin updates using following method:
1. Website Keyword density
If you want to avoid penalty from Google then you need to concentrate on your web content Keyword density,
Definition for keyword density as per wikipedia:
Keyword density is the percentage of times a keyword or phrase appears on a web page compared to the total number of words on the page.
When calculating the density of a keyword phrase, the formula would be (Nkr * Nwp / Tkn) * 100, where Nwp is the number of words in the phrase. So, for example, for a page about search engine optimization where that phrase is used four times and there are four hundred words on the page, the keyword phrase density is (4*3/400)*100 or 3 percent.
Normally Many SEO experts consider the optimum keyword density to be 1 to 3 percent.
2. Avoid Duplicate Content on website
Duplicate content generally refers to substantive blocks of content within or across domains that either completely matches other content or is appreciably similar. Mostly, this is not deceptive in origin.
If your site contains multiple pages with largely identical content then use canonicalization or Block duplicate pages using robots.txt and Make sure your title and descriptions are unique.
3. Do Full Link Audit for Website
Site internal linking
Avoid Hidden Text or Hidden Links That is a bad practice and your site could be easily penalized.
Make your Internal linking look natural Proper site navigation use XML and HTML sitemap its help to get search engines indexing of all website pages quicker and HTML helps the visitors to find a page, It serves a navigational purpose. Use keyword variation in internal anchor texts
Penguin really impacted sites that had low-quality or unnatural links
Google Webmaster Tools notice of detected unnatural links from your site may be using techniques that are outside Google’s Webmaster Guidelines.
These efforts can include directory submissions, article submissions, and blog and forum comment spam, and particularly links with excessive use of keyword based anchor text, or links from low quality or unrelated sites, buying links to pass Page Rank or participating in link schemes.
Few things to look out for during your link audit that might get your in trouble with future Penguin updates:
- Links from unrelated sites.
- Blogrolls & other blocks of links
- Links in bad neighbourhoods
- Site-wide links (like being in the side level navigation of a directory)
- Hidden links
- Web Directory links
- Link networks, paid links, blog networks
- To many back-links from same domin and same IP address
4. Use Anchor Text Variation for Link-Building
Google is now strict on sites which have heavy keyword anchor text in link building. so best way to do link-building is not focus on single or couple of phrases but use natural looking links like variation, branding.
Use following practice in variation anchor text
- Use synonyms
- Use Brand in anchor texts like brand name + keywords
- Use non keywords like as "click here" or "visit us"
- Link to one URL with different anchor texts
- Use text URL www.example.com
- Use plural or singular forms
- Use whole sentences
5. Look for Other Sources of Traffic
It’s very use full for getting more business, not depend on one specific source of traffic but look for various sources like as Anchor texts variation use traffic variation.
Use traffic form search engine, referral, or direct traffic or use PPC services or other,
SEOmoz's Traffic Sources Distribution
Here's the breakdown in percentages:
- Search (Google, Yahoo!, Bing, Baidu, etc.): 36.0%
- Direct (Bookmark + Type-In): 27.7%
- Feed (RSS via Feedburner): 7.9%
- Social (Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Hacker News, StumbleUpon): 5.9%
- Partners (Distilled, Open Site Explorer, WebsiteGrader): 2.5%
- Blogs (SELand, SERoundtable, AVC, etc.): 2.0%
- Forums (WebmasterWorld, Google Webmaster Groups, etc.): 0.7%
- PPC (AdWords): 0.2%
- Other (uncategorized + everything else): 17.3%
Think like this: if your site is penalise in penguin and you lose your 30% of your traffic from search engines. Can your business survive without that?
30% lose? If all of your visitors are coming from search engines so it’s big lose in your business. The more diversified your traffic sources the more protected in future Penguin updates.
So please keep watch on rankings and traffic regular basis if you notice keywords or traffic down start with above things.
Also diversify your links dofollow and nofollw, build links for different types of sites blog, news, video, image, Q&A and social media or infographic sites,
Don't forgot Anchor text variation for link building
Article By: Web Digital Marketing